Thursday, July 4, 2013

A time to plant...


"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens..."




It's been a while since I've written. To be honest, the reason for that is I haven't really had much to say. I'm in a bit of a funk.

 I've been living here in Dallas now for almost 8 months. 8 months of a new job, a new church, new city, new friends. New everything. For someone who lived her entire life in the same city and never experienced anything like this before, that is a lot of new!

Some of that "new" has been so exciting! I love meeting new people and being the new girl can be a lot of fun. I have loved exploring a new city! Dallas has so much culture and tons of areas to explore. I love all the trees and the green ( so different than phoenix). I love my new church. There are great people there who love the Lord and really seek His will for their life and that of the church. I love my family here who have taken me in and supported me during this transition.

Lately though, its been hard to focus on all that I love about this new life. It's a lot easier to only see the areas I feel I am lacking in. I am still working hard to make good friendships; I am lonely and would really like to have the right guy in my life;  work is a lot of work sometimes; I miss everyone in AZ.

Blah Blah Blah.. you get the picture! Pity parties have been a little more frequent with this girl lately. I hope I'm not being too depressing about any of this. Just being real. I came across this staple of a verse in Ecclesiastes and felt a little peace about where I'm at right now. I have a lot of people out there who have encouraged me in this season of newness that I am in. The thing I keep hearing over and over is that this is my time to plant. To do the hard work. To do. To work the extra hours at church, go out on a limb and make the effort to develop more friendships. Put myself out there a little. Man oh man! That kind of stuff is hard for me! But if I really am in a season of harvest, than there must be something coming forth soon :)

So, this has just been me being a little more raw than I usually am. For anyone else out there in a season of something not so fun, I encourage you to devote your all to wherever you are right now. Because it too is only a season and who knows what you will reap from it down the road :)

Shan






No comments:

Post a Comment