Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Growth

Sometimes Growth comes from the hardest of places.

Doesn't that make those hard places all the more beautiful?

Many people in my life are in hard places right now...not necessarily tragic, although some are...just hard...lonely...for whatever reason.

A season of drought.
A season of pain.
A season of waiting.
A season of wanting.

But one day, all of a sudden you'll realize that something has grown in you...in the middle of this rock you thought was desolate...out comes something bright, beautiful...something with life, something that bears fruit.

So, I guess all of this to say, hang in there.
Let God keep you there for as long as He needs...He's moving, even if you can't tell right now.

This reminded me of some photos I took last year in Wisconsin. My mom and I took a walk in the rain at the lake one morning. It was so beautiful and serene. The shore line was covered in scattered rocks of all sizes. A few of them had these beautiful plants growing from them. I can't image how such a delicate plant can grow from such a hard, and seemingly unmoving rock...yet it did.

The dark overcast sky, and muted greys of the stone could never match the vibrant beauty of life that these little leaves held. And somehow, they made the rocks all the more beautiful.





Jeremiah 29:10-11 
The Message (MSG)
"This is God’s Word on the subject: “As soon as Babylon’s seventy years are up and not a day before, I’ll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."


Their hardspot lasted much longer than mine...yet God promised growth...promised a future.
What hope we have.



10 comments:

  1. This is incredible. Such a great message. Definitely needed this. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8 ESV

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good Courtney, very much needed. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really good, i'm glad I found your blog love it!
    Vianca
    Little Miss Stylista

    ReplyDelete