Thursday, December 27, 2012

Snow :)


"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart" 
- Psalm 37:4

OK. So for some of you, a white Christmas really may not be a big deal at all. But for this AZ girl, snow is a big deal. I could count on one hand how many times I have been around snow. For some reason, you just don't get too much of it in Phoenix :)

So, this year, I thought it would be so amazing if we got snow for my first Dallas Christmas. I even asked God for one. Now, as I have mentioned before in previous posts, my God is a God of details. He cares about the little things. The things you may push to the back of your mind as something insignificant. He longs to be so personal with us. He knows the little things that can bring us so much joy and longs to give us that joy. How awesome is that?!

One of the ways He has always brought me joy is through nature. In AZ, it was sunsets and really beautiful, cloudy days when the sky turned different shades of purple against the mountains. I would literally be driving somewhere around town and see one of these skies and just smile because I knew God was behind it. Here in Dallas so far it has been the beautiful trees with all the fall leaves; a part of nature I had never really experienced before. He is so creative with all the different colors of leaves and trees, I love it! But SNOW is an entirely new experience to me.

 Sometime after opening gifts on Christmas morning, small snow flakes began to fall from the white sky. As soon as I saw the snow falling, I just smiled. God was behind this too!


So the snow fell...
                   
and fell a little more...


and even a little more..


until there was nothing but white :) Thank you Lord for my first white Christmas! I'm one blessed girl :)



Hope you all see the little things God has given you to smile about.

Much Love,
Shan

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Shannon! You are so right, God loves to make us smile! If we only pause and look for Him we'll find His fingerprint everywhere.

    ReplyDelete