Thursday, January 22, 2015

Losing and Winning

I am always going to be a loser.
That feels strange to type, but it's not meant to be a negative.

God is always asking me to lose. Always asking me to let go.
Lose the things I think I need in order to gain what He has ordained.
Lose myself in the process so that I may discover who He made me to be, not who I decided to be.

The hard thing about all of that...is just that...it's HARD. Losing never feels good in the moment.
We lose and our pride fights against us tooth and nail desperately trying to cling on to something, fearful of losing everything.

The truth in all of this, though, is that we were never really winning before we "lost". And so, we had to lose in order to win.

If we do not let go and move forward, then we will never be able to grab hold of the new things that God is doing and the future that He has prepared for us. 

"Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:18-19

That wasteland of losing, will soon be remembered for the paths it held, that lead to Victory.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment