Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"Come Walk with Me"

This is what God has laid on my heart for the past couple of weeks. For me, when God speaks, he tends to use several different circumstances to do so. For instance, I might wake up with a certain song in my head, having not heard it in a long time. Or perhaps the same point will be made in more than one sermon I'm listening to, be it at church or a podcast or whatnot. 

This week, I woke up with these words in my head. This song is by an amazing worship team called Frontline Worship. I highly suggest you check them out sometime. The Intro to the album entitled, "Come walk with Me", has this line in it... 

You're praying to a god who is far away in Heaven, but I'm the god who walks with you". 

This line always, always gets to me. Who is it that I pray to? Is it to some far off god sitting up in the sky somewhere? Or is it a god who walks with me? Who wants to be a part of every area of my life? My God is way too personal to watch from a distance. He wants to be a part of everything in my life. 

There is guy in the Bible who was known for walking with God. In Genesis 5:24, the Word says how Enoch longed to walk with God..to habitually walk with Him. God loved this so much that he desired to have Enoch home with him, so he took him home! No death for Enoch. He just got to go straight home to the Lord. How amazing is that? 

This challenged me to include God in every part of my life. He did after all create life, so why wouldn't He want to be a part of it? He created relationship, so why wouldn't He desire one with us? Just something to think about.

Hope you all have a blessed week :)

Much Love,
Shan





No comments:

Post a Comment