Thursday, November 15, 2012

Deep in the heart of Texas


Update on Shan!

Ok folks, I have news! Big news! 

This gal is making a move. A huge move for me. This gal is moving to Dallas. That's right, Texas :)

Dallas has actually been a dream of mine for like 8 years now. My sister and her lovely family live there and I have always taken any time I can get off to visit, throughout college and into my first years of having a big girl job. I have always been drawn to something there. Maybe how nice the people are or how green it is ( especially compared to AZ). Or perhaps just because God placed it on my heart so long ago :)

Over the years, I have made several attempts to find a reason to move out there but God has never let anything pull through. Timing has been off more than once too, so after several failed attempts, I finally just let it go. After all  I have such a full life in Phoenix. My parents, church and all of my friends. Not to mention the bible study I am part of that has been a huge part of my life for the past 3 years. I mean, I am one blessed girl!

It's funny though how if you listen to God and let something go when you are supposed to, it just might come back to you again and even better than before! Timing, after-all is everything. That's how I feel about this move. I wasn't even looking for a job there, and God gave me this amazing opportunity to work for a growing church doing something I am so passionate about. It is so true that God's plans for you are always so much better than anything you can come up with yourself. If I had moved when I wanted to, I would have missed out on so much that God still had for me here in Phoenix and may not have been able to step into the opportunity I now have.

This verse sums all of this up ever so perfectly:
"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."
 - Proverbs 19:21

So, having said that, the countdown is on, people! In a week and a half, I will be taking a U-haul across the scenic route of west Texas headed to my new city. More updates to come on this new adventure :)




Much love,
Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment