Thursday, November 15, 2012

Slow

This morning I had a moment...
The kind where you realize you are overwhelmed...
Too many emotions, too many thoughts.
Stop, Courtney...take a breath.
As I lay in bed contemplating when I would actually decide to push myself up and out,
I started to pray and reflect about why I am overwhelmed.
And I decided to change my heart, shift my attitude.
Life is busy...it will always be.
I don't want to spend time worrying and fretting about something that can't change...won't change.
So, today...I am taking a break. 
Choosing to remember that I am where I ought to be.
Even when it doesn't look like I think it should.
I am choosing to live in the Joy of my Savior.
I am choosing to believe in the life My God has for me.
In the promises He has spoken over me.
In the Love He has shown me.
I am choosing to enjoy the people around me.
To love them, to cherish them and bless them.
Today is a good day...because I choose for it to be. :)




Shirt: Forever 21    White Pants: Thrifted   Keds: Target   Sunnies: Dollar Store!   Watch Necklace: Gifted




I am listening to this beautiful song by Audrey Assad this morning.
The lyrics and melody are so sweet, so beautiful.
 I hope you listen and reflect on the words, and the truth they hold.
and I hope that you enjoy today...because you can. :)
Because God is moving and He is moving you...
even when you don't feel it. 

-C

Here are the lyrics if you want to read them :)

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully said, friend! So much truth in your words :)

    -Shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post and truthful words. I like you honest your writing it is refreshing.

    Also, I love your outfit and what kind of bun hairstyle are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment!
      This day I was wearing a top knot bun. :) I love how simple they are!

      Delete