Friday, July 13, 2012

Adornment

Jeremiah 2:32 NIV
"Does a maiden forget her jewelry,
a bride her wedding ornaments?
Yet my people have forgotten me,
days without number."

This Scripture is what inspired this blog for me. God asked me to give up jewelry for a while this year, asking me to let him be my adornment.  I prayed about it a lot and God brought me to this Scripture in Jeremiah. How many days go by where I leave my home without having even acknowledged Him,  let alone take Him with me into my day? ...yet not a day goes by where I don't take the care to put on a cute outfit and jewelry  and make sure my hair and makeup look good. It is breaking God's heart. He so desires to be with us all day every day and he will not unless we take the time to invite Him to do so. I was challenged to make Him my first adornment...anything else can come later and without vanity when my focus is on Him not me or my clothes. The desire to blog in a way that points to God while using the creativity He gave to connect with other people is the result.

Blogging is such a great part of our culture today...well, it CAN be such a great part. It can also be a slippery slope to comparison, jealousy, and discontentment. I love how blogging makes you feel so connected to so many different people.Yet when you look in on their posts you are really truly only seeing what they choose to show you about their life. To help me remember this, and to always keep my focus first on My Heavenly Savoir, I want this blog to be dedicated to Him, then to whatever avenues in life He uses to make me (and Shan of course) smile. They are  all blessing from Him, so why not share? 

OK here is what I wore this Thursday while spending some lovely time with my family.
(Props and thanks to mamma for taking the pics! You're the bestest!)


Top: Forever21   Shorts: Thrifted   Sandals: Target

Sunnies: Ross (Steve Madden)  Necklaces: ...Mamma's :)   Earrings: Forever21



 Thanks for reading and have a FANTASTIC weekend!!

XOXO,
C




No comments:

Post a Comment