Saturday, July 28, 2012

Just Peachy


"Behold, the former things have come to pass and new things I now declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them" - Isaiah 42:9

In a weekly Bible Study that Courtney and I are a part of, we learned that quite a few of the ladies in the group are in need of changes. A lot of needs or desires for jobs, and just all around direction in general. It was actually really interesting how many ladies had this in common. After our weekly meeting, I came upon this scripture in Isaiah. It just jumped out at me ( love it when that happens)! We need to declare the future things that God has put on our hearts! Whether it be something God has already promised you, a dream job or future family ect..; we need to speak of these dreams now as if they are already here. We need to declare them :) 

One of the definitions of the word "declare" is to make known or state clearly, especially in explicit or formal terms. So I challenge you to try it this week. Speak out specific things you are believing for as if they have already come to pass. I know this is what I will be working on this week :) 

 Ok, now for a short story about this pretty peach top I have :)




I know what you're thinking. "She really loves that headband". I tend to go through weeks of LOVING a certain piece of clothing or accessory and apparently I was not quite over the headband during this little photo shoot. But just don't worry about it :) We're not talking about the headband ( although it is still a favorite).

This outfit is kind of special to me because the shirt
(which is one of my all time favorites this summer) was a gift from my friend Charal for my birthday :). She was one sneaky friend! I was going to go shopping for a new outfit for my birthday dinner a couple months back and at the last minute, she asked if she could come. During our shopping excursion, I found this lovely top along with a gorgeous silky maxi skirt at a store called Cotton On over at Arrowhead Towne Center. (Lovely little place!). Well after much thought and visiting many stores, I decided to make the purchase only to discover that my friend had given the store clerk her credit card ahead of time. I never saw it coming!

That was just another blessing I received in a moment where I really needed it. Good friends are such a blessing :)


Much love,
Shan

6 comments:

  1. That's a lovely photo of you! Your eyes look so blue! I really needed to hear this verse because of some of the unfulfilled desires in my life right now. I am going to try speaking of them in present tense and see if that makes a difference. =)

    ~Sarah Mauldin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thanks so much Sarah! This verse was exactly what I needed to hear too! There is so much power in our words, so definitely speak out those desires and give thanks like they are already here :). God has it all figured out anyway, but there is something so powerful when we speak it. :)

      -Shannon

      Delete
  2. Great post Shan. We miss you so much. Your insight into God's desire for us is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Steven!! I sure do miss you guys! It just wasn't the same not having your beautiful family out for the 4th of July. Hope you all are doing well! And thanks so much for the encouragement :)

      -Shannon

      Delete