Sunday, July 22, 2012

LoLo's


This event is two and a half years in the making. This is a BIG deal. Two and a half years ago Shan, myself and our friend Christina made plans to try the famous LoLo's chicken and waffles. Yet time and time again, something came up. Last December we made plans and jubilantly arrived at LoLo's, walked inside only to find out that they had just closed (it was a little past 4). We were devastated to say the least. So devastated, in fact, that it took us another 6 months to try again.
Well folks, we finally made it. I (Courtney) loved the waffles...and loved the chicken...wasn't so crazy about them together. It was probably the texture of the chicken on my waffle more than anything. I did love the sweet tea though, yum! I (Shannon) surprisingly loved the combination of friend chicken, waffles, and syrup. Coming from a girl who won't even let waffles and eggs touch at breakfast, this was kind of a big deal. I found it unbelievably yummy. The coolaid was pretty good too.

 No matter what we all thought about the food, we can all agree that the fellowship was the best part of this outing. Christina is a beautiful woman of God, and we both love any opportunity to see her heart. Whether it's girl talk, shop talk, or something a little deeper, we always walk away encouraged, challenged and uplifted. Love you Christina!







What Court wore: 
Top: Forever21         Skirt: Thrifted

Sandals: Forever21
What I love most about this outfit is the colorful skirt and the fun bracelets. I have been known to wear black everyday, so I am working that out of me by purposely buying colorful pieces. (Like this fun skirt). The first bracelet (the turquoise one) is a Native American piece that my Grandmother wore and passed on to me. The beaded bracelet is from the Watoto Children's Choir . The leather bracelet I made in Junior high. :)



 What Shan Wore:

Top: Forever21   Skirt: Gap Outlet
Belt: Thrifted (Express)
Shoes: Ross (Favorite Shoes EVER)
 This outfit is an example of one of my favorite kinds of outfits. Give me a flouncy skirt and a big thick belt and I'm a happy girl. The red belt is really one of my favorite purchases ever and I use it all the time. The polka-dot shirt sat in my closet for almost a year before I could find an outfit to put with it. Just goes to show, always think twice before getting rid of a piece. You never know when you're going to need it. 


XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment